Practice Fire Safety All Year Long!
The threat of summer time fires is real. Do you appreciate the severity and prevalence of what can happen during the coming summer months?
- 60% of households have a gas grill, accounting for 8,800 home fires annually
- 16,600 patients went to the hospital due to grill injuries in 2014
- 10,500 people went to the emergency room from a fireworks injury in 2014
- Outdoor fire places or fire pits cause 3,700 grass or brush fires annually
- Patio heater and outdoor fire pit injuries tripled in the past six  years
We have assembled a number of Fact & Tip Sheets, courtesy of the
National Fire Protection Association.
Check them out and help make your home and our community a safer place to live and work.
Reproduced from NFPA’s website, www.nfpa.org/publiceducation. ©2016 NFPA.
New Stanton Volunteer Fire Department
New Stanton Volunteer Fire Department Relief Association
Westmoreland County, PA
MAKE YOUR HOME FIRE SAFE BY PRACTICING FIRE SAFETY ALL YEAR LONG