New Stanton Volunteer Fire Department
New Stanton Volunteer Fire Department Relief Association
Westmoreland County, PA
The Department has established an Honor Guard Unit to represent the Department at Funerals, Banquets, Meetings and other official community events where a Class A Uniform is the preferred dress and decorum. The current leader is our Chaplain: Barry D. Smith.
The Honor Guard may be assembled on call of the Leader for the following:
- Funeral details for Department members and all Westmoreland County firefighter Line-of-Duty Deaths (LODD).
- Funeral viewing services for: a Member’s spouse and these relatives of the member: Father, Mother, any Child [living under the member’s roof], Honorary Members and for all current members of Borough Council.
- Funeral viewing services for a deceased member of a Westmoreland County fire department.
- Special gatherings (dedications, ribbon-cuttings, Fallen Firefighter ceremonies, Veteran’s Day celebrations, etc.).
- Parades within Westmoreland County except a Fireman’s’ Association of Pennsylvania or Western Pennsylvania Firemen’s Assoc. parade.
Honor Guard Unit Members (l-r): Barry Smith, leader; Robert Cammarata, Jr., David Hauger,
Adam Ligus, Jason Copley, Brandon Todd, Glenn Miller and Craig Bromke. Jan. 2018
The "Fireman's Prayer"
When I am called to duty, God,
Wherever flames may rage,
Give me strength to save some life,
Whatever be it's age.
Help me embrace a little child
Before it is too late,
Or save an older person from
The horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert and
Hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently
To put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling
And give the best in me,
To guard my every neighbor
And protect their property.
And if according to your will
I should lose my life,
Please bless with your protecting hand
My children and my wife.
Honor Guard Unit Members Flag Folding Ceremony (l-r): Brandon Todd, Glenn Miller and Barry Smith. Jan. 2018